View Single Post
Old June 2, 2010, 02:19 AM   #35
animal

Maybe I’m just too much of a soft touch on this issue. Maybe I’m just a fool for legally exposing myself. Maybe since there was a time that I was on a tight enough budget that a gun wasn’t a priority … who knows?

I’ll loan a person of good character a firearm without a second thought… most especially to a female in need. It neither matters if I think they should already have one, nor do other second guesses of their situation matter.
If they believe they need it, and I am convinced that they are willing to use it legitimately … I am obligated to not only give it to them, but teach them how and when to use it. It goes back to the reason I decided to become certified as a firearms instructor. Twenty years ago, the home of my aunt was broken into. She was raped and beaten to death with a flashlight. She had refused offers of guns from myself, granddad, uncle, and others … along with offers of teaching her how to use one. Mostly she refused because she was afraid of guns for some reason, but I can’t help but think part of it might have been due to those offering having no "official" credentials as an instructor. She was impressed by certificates and such and there weren’t any certified instructors in this area; at least none that I know of. She also didn’t think "IT" could happen to her, so she didn’t see the need.

Those who see a need are the best judge of their own situation, imo. Anyway, for the past 20 years, I haven't refused a woman who’s requesting protection or the means of protecting herself. After the days spent cleaning cooked blood out of a floor furnace, ripping up soaked carpet, painting walls, and painting the ceiling; I may have lost the ability to refuse such a request. I don’t know if I could handle the possible consequences of refusing aid to a lady in need of protection. Perhaps this could serve as a legal defense for me if there are ever any problems, but ... I really don’t care.

All they have to do is ask; and they will receive a suitable firearm, ammunition, and instruction.

Page generated in 0.02526 seconds with 8 queries