View Single Post
Old March 19, 2009, 02:53 AM   #29
snevensmores

A month later...

Welll, it's been just over a month, but I got a reply from my representative. Here's my initial email:

Quote:
Representative Beiser,
I contact you to express my concern over bill HB0687, which would mandate a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy to be in place for all gun owners.

In my opinion, this is a meager attempt to strip gun owners of their constitutional rights. It seems as if the bill's introducer, Rep Dunkin, is attempting to find a loophole in order to ban guns -- if he cannot forcefully take them away, then he can tax/legislate them away.

I do not believe that these acts are constitutional or morally "right." I'm confused as to how Rep. Dunkin misinterpreted the phrase "shall not be infringed."

Here is a link to the bill if you would like a refresher: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/Bill...76&LegID=41158

Thank you for your time, and I hope that you strike down this infringement on our rights.

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." -- Barry Goldwater

Respectfully,
Derek *****
******** Resident
His response was actually encouraging, albeit delayed.

Quote:
Derek,

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun legislation. I appreciate you taking the time to reach me, because your input helps me to better represent our area.

I believe as you do that our state’s restrictive gun laws are wrong and ineffective and deny us the Second Amendment rights that our forefathers fought to protect. I do not support House Bill 687. I am a long-standing supporter of the Illinois State Rifle Association, which opposes this bill. If this bill comes to a vote in the House, I will vote against it, and I will continue voting and fighting to protect our vital rights to bear arms.

Again, thank you for contacting me with your concerns.

Dan Beiser

GO CARDS!

Page generated in 0.03466 seconds with 8 queries