View Single Post
Old June 1, 2009, 10:57 AM   #54
maestro pistolero

Glenn E. Meyer:

Quote:
3. So the police have them and we can't. In most of the country you can have a semi auto EBR! The full auto issue to me is minimal if we let well trained police be efficacious.
Quote:
Boston Mayor Tom Menino said Friday he will not approve a police department plan to put semiautomatic M-16 rifles in the hands of regular patrol officers.
I thought an M16 was by definition select fire, either three round burst, or FA capable. Perhaps these were to be modified.

Quote:
There seems to be some contention that with the right ammo 223 is no more likely to overpeetrate than 9mm. Do we really think bureaucrats are going to pay for that ammo?
The amount of ammo that would be deployed/expended in the field would be negligible. There would be no need to to train with expensive hollow points. And even m193 is running 60 to 70 cents a round these days. I'm pretty certain that military surplus training ammo is available to LE depts.

But any additional equipment is going to have considerable expenditures associated with it, none bigger than the expense of proper training.

Last edited by maestro pistolero; June 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.03665 seconds with 8 queries