View Single Post
Old October 15, 2013, 11:24 PM   #22
44 AMP
Staff

I have one of the Super Single Six Convertibles (which is what I would call yours -Super for the adj sights, and Convertible because you have the magnum cylinder).

Mine is blued, 6.?" (whatever they were, 6.5? 6.875?) had it for anumber of years now. Great gun. Got it in the 80s, with the intent of using it for teaching my kids. Worked pretty good too. Taught them to work a bit for each shot.

Quote:
The .22 short, .22 cb, .22 long, and .22 lr (long rifle) will all fire in a revolver chambered for .22 lr. SOME .22 lr rifles will also fire all of these as well.
Actually, ALL guns chambered for the .22LR (Long Rifle) will fire all the shorter rounds, CBs, Shorts, & Longs, as well as Long Rifle cartridges. What many won't do is feed the shorter rounds through their magazines.

And semi autos usually won't cycle with the shorter rounds, even if they feed them ok.

For example, a tube magazine lever gun will eat them all like candy, even mixed in the magazine. A semi auto pistol will only feed the LR from the magazine, but can fire any that are single loaded into the chamber. A tube mag semi rifle will feed them all, but usually won't cycle semi auto with the lighter rounds.

Page generated in 0.02267 seconds with 8 queries