View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 02:21 PM   #27
awaveritt

Quote:
I apologize to the original poster here for taking things off track.
No apology needed, sir!

To all, I appreciate your replies. Much info pertinent to my original question. With help from opinions expressed here, I've decided to dispense with my idea of establishing a protocol for my wife which involves storing the gun with slide locked open.

One poster mentioned additional training. She is a bit recoil sensitive but she actually shoots/controls this medium frame pistol really well, and enjoys it. She also understands how it operates, but simply has a difficult time with the physical effort required to rack the slide. It's unfortunate, because she was very excited about the pistol. Hard lesson learned is "try before you buy" (gun was purchased thru online auction). As I mentioned, I'll keep and use the gun, myself, because it's a mint-condition earlier Beretta, purchased at a reasonable price and I'm intrigued by it.

Meanwhile, before she loses interest altogether, she's going to try some different guns that suit her better. She's also interested in CHL so now she's drolling over the P238 380 auto. But we've learned our lesson. I'm going to insist she shoot one first (and others), to know if the increased recoil will bother her. Recoil is tame in the 23oz. Beretta, but maybe not in the 15oz. pocket pistols. I'm interested in some of your opinions about that as well. I'm aware that there are some nice choices in smaller 9mm nowadays, but I will handload her 380 auto practice ammo and use premium SD factory stuff for real life.

Thanks again, for all who chimed in.

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 8 queries