View Single Post
Old July 29, 2002, 04:06 PM   #5
bamf

I've never cleaned the trigger assembly on my 870, This is not part of my normal field stripping.

I assume to drop the trigger assembly, there are two pins that hold the assembly in place, you need a thin screw driver or punch to push them out...it should come out. The resident 870 expert, Dave will be around soon and he'll give the definitive word.

Now removing the action is not bad at all and is part of normal field stripping. Takes a bit of practice but once you got...you got it. Its on page 12 of the manual. But I'll describe it, remove the magazine cap, remove the barrel

Now be sure to have the slide the fore-end about halfway forward. Now reach in from the bottom of receiver and push the carrier up. Now inside the forward end of the receiver, on the left side, with your finger depress the left shell latch...its a little raised strip of metal that you can hold down. Then slide the fore-end off and bingo the action along with the for-end should come right off.

Reassembly is a little different, slide the action bars into the receiver till it stops. In the receiver on the right side more towards the forward end, you'll feel around for the right shell latch, depress it and slide the fore-end back till you hit the left shell latch...find the left one just like in disassembly and bring the fore-end back home. Bingo easy stuff.

Page generated in 0.03079 seconds with 8 queries