View Single Post
Old July 5, 2009, 11:56 PM   #117
Cumminspwrd02

5whiskey, I think you took the right action. If I were in your situation I would do the same. Even though the dogs are pets, they are still animals and have instincts.

A few years ago my younger sister (16 at the time) was walking home from a friends house at night. A dog attacked her on her walk home, not a large dog, maybe only 50 lbs but it left her with multiple stitches in her hand and two broken fingers. From her account, the dog growled at her and then jumped at her. Ended up biting her left hand. Luckily she was able to use her right and an repeatably punch the dog in the snout and head till it let go. She said the dog did run off yelping after she hit it a few times. She's lucky she didn't get hurt anymore than she did. She was walking on the street like she always did, passed the same houses on the way home, and this time some neighbors dog decided to attack her. Never found out for sure who's dog it was be we have a good idea.

I am also a dog owner, I have two large rots. Both dogs are big teddy bears but if I saw them run at me I would feel threatend and would not want to experience be mauled by a 140lb dog. I would shoot of a warning or two if they got to close for comfort, especially around children.

Sixer, very true about the shots the Rot took. I have a few friends that are LEO's and they have said a Rot will take multiple shots before going down.

Page generated in 0.03577 seconds with 8 queries