View Single Post
Old June 15, 2013, 03:34 PM   #19
Winchester_73

Quote:
How about a 1914 Commercial Military Luger. There were less than a hundred made 99 years ago! Not sure if some parts were re-done but historically, extremely rare (All matching serial numbers, currect serial range 70,000 to 71000, currect commercial and Imperial marks. (Maybe sold to a WWI Luger collector tomorrow). The only one I have seen is on Phynex Auction House and it wasn't for sale only pictures and description. Really not sure what to do!
Thank you, FALPhil for the reminder. Joe, FALphil is right (this is a pocket pistol thread), and really Joe, since the subject matter is completely different, a new thread should be started and you could see what people here might suggest you do. Most people would say to consign such a piece to an auction, and no, not the way you did it either.

Quote:
Really not sure what to do?
I have trouble understanding why a collector would sell their rarest and most valuable gun. I suppose its partly because you don't like Lugers very much, at least as much as I do. In addition, you could buy other guns with the money, but would you buy something as special? Buying several lesser guns isn't as special as having 1 really special gun, in my opinion.

Page generated in 0.03224 seconds with 8 queries