View Single Post
Old June 9, 2011, 08:41 PM   #26
Hazborgufen

Good to see I'm not the only one in Chicago! My story regarding the CFP has made the rounds so it’s fun to see this thread bumped again.

I recently had to renew my shotgun registration as it was on the old system. First I went to my local police precinct, which is where forms used to be kept. According to the officer I spoke with though, ever since the new ordinance took effect the only place to get the blank documents is either online or at the Gun Registration Department. Since I was updating from the old style registration to the new style, I wanted to make sure everything was kosher so I went to CPD HQ, which threw another wrench in my plan. The Gun Registration Department has been moved to 4770 S. Kedzie Avenue. Rather than waste any more time, I decided to buy some cardstock and print my own, which worked just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagonman
Speaking as a Chicago Cop, we haven't received any instruction in this new permit. so be careful.
This is literally terrifying. I shoot almost every weekend, so I have my firearms, legally, on Chicago roads quite often. I keep my CFP and registration certificates in my range bag though, so at least I’ll have that if there’s ever an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitttorrrent
Anyway, the Police officer also said there is a 12rd max. for any gun I try to regester or they will deny me. So, no 17rd glocks. Have to get a lower mag. for Chicago.
The gun I use for USPSA limited class normally comes with 20 round mags. When I ordered it, I mentioned that mag restriction. They shipped the pistol with a 10 round mag to the FFL and sent the 20 round magazines to my buddy’s house in the suburbs. Those mags have to stay in the suburbs but my buddy and I do all our shooting together so it isn’t the biggest deal. I was able to mark down 10 rounds as the magazine capacity in good conscience.

Also as a heads up, a disassembled magazine is still considered a magazine. I asked the officer in charge of the registration department if I could keep them in a disassembled state within city limits. That won’t fly, unfortunately. Isn’t that was people in California do?

Page generated in 0.02545 seconds with 8 queries