Thread: Just makin sure
View Single Post
Old September 22, 2010, 12:18 AM   #4
CajunPowder

I'm about to start shooting some myself as the weather cools here.

I plan to shoot the first cylinder with 20 grains of fffg at 10 yards offhand, one hand, so I can get to know her on a first name basis.

The next cylinder full will be 25 grains.
The next 28, then 30 grains of FFFG.

All at 10 yards just to get the feel of the gun and do a bit of fiddling with the target sights on this blue steel Pietta target Remington 1858 NMA.

======================

Then I'll wipe her down good if she isn't binding up before that.

======================

Then I'll start shooting a 20 yard target, offhand, a larger than normal target, probably a big piece of drywall with a dirt berm behind it and use a big magic marker to draw around the circumference of a trash can lid and then some concentric circles ...

Probably do a cylinder of 25, then 28, then 30 at that 20 yard drywall target.

======================

Then I'll have a go at a 30 yard target from a BAG REST, I'll probably sit down to do this one of course and get the sights as close to a good POA as possible, I'll try to determine if I'm going to need to file the bottom of the rear sight blade to lower it.

At 30 yards I'll probably do 25 grains, 28 grains and 30 grains ... as time permits of course.

======================

Then I'll fill an old shop towel with ice cubes and put it on any parts of my hand or arm that have been beat up by the little blue lady.

======================

WHAT ! I can't hear a darn thing you are saying ! Let me take my EAR PROTECTION off first,

Page generated in 0.03092 seconds with 8 queries