View Single Post
Old December 25, 2008, 04:23 PM   #74
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
And there is always that chance, however remote, that the 16th round is the one that is critical. And there is always that chance, however remote, that the 17th round is the one that is critical. And there is always that chance, however remote, that the 18th round is the one that is critical. And there is always that chance, however remote, that the 19th round is the one that is critical. And there is always that chance, however remote, that the 20th round is the one that is critical. And so on. No matter where one draws the line it is always an arbitrary decision, and arguing that 15 is better than 14 is no different than arguing 15 is not as good as 16.
Amen, David! And I'd like to know why all these "Why handicap yourself" people and Murphyites aren't carrying PLR-16s with 30 round mags. Oh, I see, it's because then they'd probably need 32 rounds for their next gunfight. People, if Mr. Murphy is going to smile on your day, your plus ones aren't going to cut it. Neither is your extra mag.

Quote:
Anyway, what's with this I have to unload the gun at gun shows. You can't carry at most gunshows, so leave the gun in the car. Or is it cool to walk around with an unloaded gun. Ours don't like loaded mags, so you ain't loading the gun quickly for the zombies.
Uh, yeah. It's just so cool to carry an unloaded gun that I can't resist. How about because in this area cars are broken into about 10 times more than houses? I don't particularly want to lose a handgun at all, let alone the legal problems that may arise in the following months. What the hell is the problem with safeing your gun, letting them put a zip-tie through the barrel and having them cut it off and reloading before exit? I find it pretty easy. But I don't want a loose round rolling around in my pocket. So the full mag is enough, thank you.

Page generated in 0.02818 seconds with 8 queries