View Single Post
Old March 21, 2000, 12:26 AM   #7
Pooch

Ive shot thousands of hard cast (linotype, 22 brinell or better) out of my 23 at mid power level, I have yet to have any incident nor after about 4 reloads any smiley faces on my brass. I keep my barrel clean, but the key is HARD cast bullets only and uniformly sized ones at that. If you use the soft swagged lead bullets, you better clean your barrel with every mag change or you might KB. With linotype, I shoot a match no problem 150 200 rounds, Im sure I could do it again but I clean the barrel. Now that there are good plated bullets (I dont like raniers) Ie west coast and berries, Im not loading lead, but one day you might need to, so make it hard lead and your good to go! If someone tells you Glocks blow up with lead, aske them what guns and what kind of lead they have loaded, most likely they are a parrot repeating what someone told them and they dont know swagged from cast. But if you must and you feel better, get a new aftermarket barrel,(the two above are great) but if you shoot soft swaged lead, your gonna blow that one just as easy, becasue the KEY is hard cast lead, not barrels and if you load to max capicity your gonna start to come up against the partially unsupported and lose Glock barrel, just back off, 3/4 level will often get you to major in most calibers. I have shot 9,40 & 10mm linotype in Glocks, this is my experience, not hearsay!

Page generated in 0.02352 seconds with 8 queries