View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 01:27 PM   #12
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta49
Nobody ever said the shortage would last forever, and ever and ever.
All i am saying is that if some manufacturers stop supplying to government agencies others will be queuing to take their places. It might be a temporary inconvenience to some agencies but that's all.
And if it causes any significant difficulties the agencies will look at their suppliers and procurement procedures to make it doesn't happen in the future.
Yeah, so someone will try to fill the gap. That's how markets work. Even in the short term, though, being unable to come up with enough ammo so that your officers can remain proficient (and maybe even legally qualified to do their jobs) is more than a little hassle.

As far as "some manufacturers," queuing up to take their places, there is not an infinite supply of companies with the resources, machinery, manpower, etc., to fill the gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta49
In other words a few manufacturers not supplying government agencies will make no difference in the long term.
For pity's sake, did you even read my original post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats McGee
That is one of the things that will happen, but it is not "all" that will happen. If enough manufacturers and suppliers stop selling to LE in anti-2A jurisdictions, it will strain the supply chain and cause delays. I've already heard rumors of LE agencies cutting back on their training because they can't get enough ammo.
There's a reason I used the phrase "enough manufacturers."

Page generated in 0.03560 seconds with 8 queries