View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 11:49 PM   #2
bullspotter

I will try to help here, lots going on

1st. The black markings on the casses could be from under pressure rounds not sealing. I dont know for sure they are under pressure though, the crono data looks good, I assume their should be good pressure their to get the velocity.... someone else may know more about it. I do see alot of brass with the same marks at the range, so im not sure if its a big deal or not.

2nd. Rainer bullets are plated and really soft, their should not be a bad mark on the bullet from seating, a light one is pry ok and normal in some casses. It could get worse if you are seating and crimping with the same die at the same time, i seat and crimp seperatly. If the marks are real bad, i would say you are crimping to much maybe, also you will see this vary if you are loading mixed brass, some might be a tad longer, as the bullet is being seated, at the end of the seat stroke, the crimp part of the die is taking the flare out and making the brass smaller, if its not seated all the way at this point, it makes it harder to seat the bullet, the extra pressue will shove the seat stem into the soft bullet. also a good indicator of a crimp die set to tight with soft bullets is a real poor oal average.

3rd. I set my size die for pistol so the shell plate touches the die. I run a case up into the die and look with a flashlight for a space between the die and shell holder, if their is a space i turn the die about 1/8 or so lower till the space is gone, i use a fresh unsized case everytime.

4th. I do not use a honady powder measure or titegroup powder. Dose your measure have a powder baffle in it? if its randomly throwing .3 over and .3 under your target, this could be an issue, more so with the .3 over if your close to a max load. .6 grain differeance is a fairly large amount, especially when you only loading 4-4.5 grains of powder.

Hope some of this helps.

Page generated in 0.02123 seconds with 8 queries