View Single Post
Old July 18, 2007, 11:17 AM   #3
madmag

I am going to add my $.02 worth.

I am not sure of the particulars you are talking about but I too have a complaint about many threads being shutdown because they are guided to racist issues by some members. I am saying this: If someone makes overt racist comments or starts a thread that is against a large religious segment, etc., then it should be shutdown. But when the topic starts off as some other discussion and some immediately bend the thread to include racist issues then that is wrong. For example, some will tell you that they can read between the lines and know that you are a racist. Well, that kind of leaves everything up for grabs doesn't it? Now you are not directly attacking any race or religion but some will say that they know what is your heart and "they" know you are really racist. This stuff needs to stop! If Someone makes an overt racist statement then nail that person, but leave the reading between the lines and knowing what is someones heart for higher (staff, God, etc.) authority.

And one more thing. Enough of this bull of making a post and adding comments that are very racist, but in fact are not the words of the person being complained about. Things like " I bet you think Colin Powell is well spoken" aimed as a slam against you when in fact you are no one else on that thread ever even mentioned such comments. This is called race baiting!

So, we all should respect different races and religions, but lets stop making every thread a race debate by the patrolling thread race police.

Page generated in 0.03338 seconds with 8 queries