View Single Post
Old April 30, 2000, 06:08 PM   #2
Walt Welch

Hmmm...I loaded thousands of rounds of 30-06 and never had to lube the case necks. If you are having problems with the bullet friction, try a boat tailed bullet. If you still have problems, there is a contraption consisting of a short bore sized brush standing upright, and lubed with mica (IIRC). You just push the case down over the brush and lift up, then put in the powder charging station. I have never used this, but do recall seeing it (I believe in Brownell's). I assume you are not using GI cases with the ring of sticky sealant around the case mouth.

The way I reload everything is to tumble polish the cases, resize and decap, tumble again to get lube off and clean the primer pockets (gets most of the junk out, anyway), then prime, charge with powder, seat and crimp bullet, and tumble again for 15 min. or so to get fingerprints off.

Despite the theoretical dangers of tumbling loaded ammo, I have never seen or heard of anyone having a discharge. It has been pointed out that loose ammo in a glove box suffers far more vibration over a period of time. Walt

Page generated in 0.02135 seconds with 8 queries