Thread: breaking flints
View Single Post
Old August 9, 2013, 05:31 PM   #7
bedbugbilly

whatever you do blind pig . . . don't get frustrated with your flinter and "give up" on it. It could be a variety of things - flints, poorly tuned lock, frizzen problems, etc.

I'd look at it this way - the internals of the Siler you have should be fine along with the cock. Worse case scenario, you could utilize your existing internals and cock and get a new plate, frizzen, and if necessary, frizzen screw and spring. You might contact some place like Track of the Wolf, explain your problem and send the lock to them. I'm pretty sure they would have someone who could assemble your parts on whatever was necessary.

Or . . . . you might go over on the longrifle forum, post your problem on the builders forum and possibly find someone who could help you out with it.

I've used a number of Siler locks and they are good locks. I've always purchased them fully assembled for my builds though. Good luck . . . you'll get it figured out and once you do, you'll have a good rifle.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries