View Single Post
Old June 18, 2013, 12:18 PM   #41
Tactical Jackalope

Self Defense/concealed carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta49 View Post
I wasn't necessary talking about shooting someone I have seen posts that the person posting thought the fact that someone new he had a firearm defused a situation.

Example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta49 View Post
I think that's a bit of a cop out, there is nothing to stop someone saying that they used their firearm in a self defence situation without going into details. I will start no I have never needed a firearm or other weapon for self defence. PS I would say the reason that few have said they used their firearm in self defence is because very few have.
I think you're confusing the different terms of "using" a firearm. No it's not a "cop out".

One "use" is you felt/feel good to have it at the time you thought you might need it, or grabbing onto or drawing deterred the situation.

To actually "USE" it, meaning...you shot someone after you pulled. No. Most won't say and no it's not a cop out. And Spats McGee is right. There will be people flocking to know details. And a lot of things could still be pending and unclear. So why go over it over the Internet. It's not to coolest thing in the world to talk about. It can be traumatic to think of deeply.

Page generated in 0.03656 seconds with 8 queries