View Single Post
Old October 8, 2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Pointshoot

wpsdlrg - - thank you for your kind comments. I'm no crusader. I just want life as uncomplicated and hassle free as possible. Frankly, I avoid people who take shortcuts because they tend to disappear when Murphys Law hits and something goes wrong. If someone knowingly would be so reckless about these particular regulations/laws (not just uninformed) - theyre not those I want to deal with in my life. Long distance gun purchases are really a matter of trust. You can't economically (in terms of time, money, and attention) pursue someone in another state for a gun selling for less than a couple thousand dollars if they wanted to cheat you.

Thankfully, the vast majority of the long distance buys have gone well. Folks who didnt know the laws were glad to have them mentioned and made arrangements with a local FFL or shipped overnite UPS.
There was one time I really wanted a particular vintage old side by side shotgun and bought it online even though there were lots of signals that warned me away. But I really wanted that shotgun, and they didn't come up for sale very often. Thankfully, though it cost me a lot of money in gunsmith inspection fees, return shipping, etc - I got my money back, and didn't injure or kill myself trying to shoot the thing ! (They relisted the gun on GunsAmerica, so I contacted that website and it was taken down immediately. I didnt want someone to get hurt shooting that old vintage shotgun that was found unsafe by a nationally recognized gunsmith expert on those old guns.) I want the particular handgun I was recently looking at too - - - but I learned my lesson from before. Now I try to pay attention to those signals I get from sellers. I'll keep looking. Regards, - - -

Last edited by Pointshoot; October 8, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.02412 seconds with 8 queries