View Single Post
Old January 30, 2012, 11:51 AM   #7
SL1

While I agree that the Lee "hammer loader" is slow, it is really not THAT slow. And, the much aclaimed Wilson reloading equipment is actually similar in function. You just use an arbor press instead of a hammer. For that matter, the Lee equipment could be used with an arbor press, too. But, the Lee Handloader kit is not such a precision tool set as what Wilson provides. I would rather buy a standard reloading press with screw-in dies than an arbor press to use with a Lee Handloader set.

But, for a guy who is not sure that he wants to get into this hobby, I still think that a Lee Handloader set is a cheap way to find out if he really wants to start that (apparently never-ending) process of buying better equipment to make his ammo more rapidly and/or more accurate for an ever-expanding number of different cartridges.

Warning/Hint to Newbies: Most of us handloaders probably enjoy the handloading process so much that we are constantly buying new/better tools to do it, and negating any cost savings in the process. But, most of us like our ammo better than what we can buy in a store, and think it is money well spent. You will know when you have become a hopeless case when you actually need to schedule a trip to the range to shoot-out some already loaded brass so that you can try-out the next planned improvement to your handloading procedure.

SL1

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries