View Single Post
Old June 21, 2005, 08:31 AM   #16
XavierBreath

Quote:
Umm, since the Beretta was in use by the LAPD, doesn't that make the Lethal Weapon movies technically correct vs. a result of product placement?
Quote:
You need to be reeducated in the Cult of Gaston.
Gentlemen,
As I stated, that was how I remember it. I read the gun rags as a young shooter back then, as well as watched the movies. The internet was an infant.
Movies do not reflect reality. Mel Gibson could have just as easily carried a Colt 1911 in Lethal Weapon. I suppose Eddie Murphy's movie issue of handgun reflected the Detroit Police Department's choice of weapon in Beverly Hills Cop? If I remember right, Murphy carried either a 1911 or more likely a Star Model B since it was difficult to fire blanks in a 1911 at that time. I maintain that the Beretta in Lethal Weapon was as much product placement as Tommy Lee Jone's Glock in The Fugitive, or the Walther whatever 99 was in that James Bond flick.
I am not a member of a Glock cult. I owned one, I sold one, and have had no desire to buy any more. Strangely, I still own my first Beretta, and several others since.
Peace.
XB

Page generated in 0.03540 seconds with 8 queries