View Single Post
Old September 13, 2010, 06:25 PM   #16
ZeSpectre

Adam5,
Congrats on the nice Phantom, I'm sure you will enjoy the heck out of it.

I own several CZ pistols and have done a LOT of work on my own and others so I wanted to highlight a few things to help you enjoy your gun, and also to help you stay out of trouble with it

Xfire68 gave you an excellent link for disassembly (http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?topic=33120.0) HOWEVER, VERY IMPORTANT thing to remember if you are going to disassemble the trigger assembly is that you should do it inside a gallon freezer bag (or one of those large, clear, shopping bags) because a couple of those springs are very VERY small and REALLY like to go "sproing" off into low orbit.

If you do not want to disassemble the whole thing, but want to try and smooth the trigger a bit, you can put some crest toothpaste (it's mildly abrasive) into the sear area with a q-tip and then cock and dry fire it about 100 times (I recommend using a snap cap). Clean the toothpaste out with hot water and re-lube your gun and see how it feels.

I have also found that if you are out doing a long shooting session and the trigger starts feeling gritty, most times you can clean it right up by unloading the gun, holding the hammer back, pulling and holding the trigger (to raise the sear), and swiping the now exposed sear faces with a q-tip saturated with gun oil.

Page generated in 0.03432 seconds with 8 queries