View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 09:11 PM   #33
anonymousFolk

@9-ball...

I do find it funny how entrenched we get in our camps; rifle, handgun, and shotgun.

Same thing other people said, different tools for different jobs. Planting seeds? Use a little shovel. Digging a hole? Use a normal shovel. Digging up big bushes or trees? Use a pick.

In a survival situation long-distance, I'll take a rifle over a shotgun, even if I got a scope and 32" rifled barrel with slugs. Just plain screwed vs rifle unless you have a rifle yourself at long distances.

In a home defense situation, shotgun is king. Huge firepower, huge damage, big shots, and if you don't get a long barrel or stock, mobility. There's no reason to learn double or triple tap...because all you need is a single tap.

Handguns...I'm on the fence. So many knives are out and in hand before anyone with a CCW in 15' has cleared leather. Sure handguns are convenient and concealable...unless you get something with decent firepower that could actually take someone out fast, and if you're getting a huge handgun, why didn't you just get a shotgun for those short distances?

Oh yah, shotgun can breach doors too.

Plus good luck hitting birds ducks geese or rabbits with a handgun or rifle vs a big ole cloud of lead put out of a shotgun.

Did I mention the price difference? Ease to learn? Easy to learn? Don't need pinpoint accuracy?

Anyways...hopefully one of the above can convince you. I'd like someone to convince me about handguns :P

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries