View Single Post
Old August 13, 2010, 03:56 PM   #75
Skans

Quote:
Consider this angle--a staggering man not in complete control of his own facilities utters unintelligible comments and walks toward you. He asks for directions. You have "stood your ground" and he's close. You draw; it doesn't register on him; you fire.
This is absurd. I would never draw on an man asking for directions, even a staggering drunk. I would simply go about my business and watch him...from my yard....not retreating into my house. That's all. No gun. No threat. No brandishing. But, I would not permit myself to be drawn into conversation with him at all either. No need to. Nothing good comes from talking to a person who is drunk or stoned, wandering the streets in front of your home. If the drunk enters onto my property and starts acting violent toward me, then I may decide to pull my gun out. Anything short of that, I'm not pulling a gun out or shooting anyone.

I believe that my position has been quite consistant and clear on this through out the thread. In fact, on one or two occasions I have seen someone who didn't look "quite right" wondering the street in front of my house while i was out doing yard work, and I did exactly what I said I would do here - stood where I was and watched that person, until that person moved on.

Spacemanspiff - you're free to handle things your way. I'll handle them my way. You have made it clear that my way is not your way. Likewise, your way is not my way. That's why this forum exists - to discuss different ways of handling the same situation.

Last edited by Skans; August 13, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.03974 seconds with 8 queries