View Single Post
Old February 20, 2007, 11:13 PM   #14
WmCC

As briefly mentioned in my profile, I've been fortunate both to have been in combat with some of those fine Leathernecks years ago and more recently on the street with law enforcement (the past 17 years).

Take it from one who knows, learning never,ever, ceases and comes from ALL Quarters. Repeat, ALL Quarters! Each of us has to sort out the good from the not-so-good while being as technically proficient as we possibly can be with a weapon. Situational awareness, obtaining any and all advantage(s) over the bad guy(s) and a good mindset are critical. We can and should learn from everyone, including the bad guys themselves! Many of the best that I've served with and would want backing me up are about as far away from your mental image of Jeff Cooper, Skeeter or Matt Dillon as they can be...look at Audey Murphy, Jim Cirrillo, SGT York and yes, Ayoob, as examples of gents who do not necessarily fit everyone's image of the consumate pistolero but who have gotten the job done. Learn from everyone. Study the details of what was done right as well as the screw-ups. Enjoy the journey, it should never end.

With a little luck backed up by a great deal of study/preparation , you may never have to employ appropriate force. I've been told by more than one felon that there was "something about" some cop/guy/gal/potential victim that caused them to abandon their plan...I think that they sensed some potential danger. Perhaps that is the best outcome.

It's not about the Marines or Ayoob having been to the top of the mountain...it's about all of us trying to get there.

LTCOL USMC RET
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page generated in 0.02816 seconds with 8 queries