View Single Post
Old August 28, 2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man

I'm thinking about keeping the bore size at 22, as the biggest plastic animals are about 4" tall, most are only 2" tall so the distances will be closer... I'll take my 55 gallon drum target backers & put them in front of my lil wildlife scene, until it's time to shoot... most of the animals will be small enough & far enough away, I think it could be kept casual... we'll drag a spotting scope on a tripod as the group moves, to score the stage, anyone shooting or spectating could bring a spotting scope along to watch... on animals that you would only get one shot off in the wild, I'll limit shooters to one shot at that stage, on tougher shots ( standing, unsupported ) I might string the length out a little, & use a slower moving animal, so I can allow 3-4 shots... I'll run a score sheet, so any ties, will be also judged by round count... ( or I could do a clay pidgin shoot off, as BART suggested )

I used to hold a regular annual shoot, where I separated the guns in groups by bore size & distance... I had a class for most unique or unusual, to encourage shooters to bring old odd milsurps & the like, rather than match rifles...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; August 28, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03857 seconds with 8 queries