View Single Post
Old January 3, 2012, 02:07 PM   #31
GunByte

As another old timer I will put in my two cents. Over 42 years of shooting I have never had a revolver fail me. However, not counting the 6 semi autos that I have owned for the last year with only a few hundred rounds through them, all past semi autos I have owned in the past have failed to fire on several occassions and they were top name guns. May not be the gun's fault. Could be the ammo, mag or maybe limp wristing (although that is unlikely with a man of my size and the way I grip my guns) but the fact is that whatever the reason, they are more prone to not fire when you need them than a revolver and like many others with personal experience I can only go by what I exeperienced in my life.

I have had all the popular semi carry guns over the last two years and what I carry the most is a S&W 632 Pro 2" .327 Federal Magnum. The round has fantastic ballistics and is very controlable to the extent that the snub nose has real dot and post tritium/fiber optic sights on it. I also sometimes carry a S&W 642 when I need something lighter.

Page generated in 0.03114 seconds with 8 queries