View Single Post
Old October 5, 2010, 10:22 PM   #90
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Which means that dispatchers should not lie, should not exaggerate, should not omit possibly important information, and ... perhaps most importantly, should take enough time with the original caller to verify whether or not a crime is actually being committed.
The 911 recordings have been released. I listened to them in their entirety. In my opinion, the dispatcher spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with the original caller and received a thorough and accurate picture of what happened in the store prior to the arrival of the police. One could argue, perhaps, that the caller exaggerated (although the facts don't seem to support such an assertion), but the dispatcher and the caller were certainly on the same page by the time the police arrived.

The caller repeatedly asserted that Scott was agitated, acting erratically and seemed to be drunk or otherwise chemically impaired.
Quote:
You know that nobody pulls the holster and all.
Not intentionally, assuming the intent is to use the gun; however it is not at all unheard of for someone to draw and have the holster come out on the gun unintentionally.

Frankly I don't think Scott drew the gun with the intent to use it, but in my opinion, even if he intentionally pulled the gun out with the holster on it, that would provide reasonable justification for the use of deadly force given the context. If a person you are holding at gun point, a person acting erratically and who is known to be armed, pulls out a gun, maybe you wait to see if it has a holster still stuck on it, maybe you don't. I'm not sure I would wait.

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries