View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 07:11 PM   #1
nhcruffler

Why Does Lyman Not Like Me ?

OK, I got a new Lyman 49th Reloading Manual for Christmas. I have been reloading for a few years and have read my Lee manual front & back. So , I start perusing my new Lyman manual and find out that I am not supposed to use brass picked up from the range. Only new brass , for my safety, so I will know the history of the brass. Bummer! I then start looking for some of the calibers that I reload for like 7.5 x 54 MAS --not there ; 7.5 x 55 Swiss--not there, How about something for that old Nagant revolver I got from J&G--not there, How about an 8 x 57 Mauser load with a 198 gr or 200 grain bullet--not there.
I am not trashing the manual because it does have some very nice features like they highlight the load that was most accurate ,for them. That gives a guy a good place to start. Also they have a lot of cast bullet loads which is very nice if you want to start casting your own, or use purchased cast bullets.
I like the way the book is laid out and organized. I just have to wonder why they have been printing this book for over a hundred years but have no information on the calibers I mentioned. 7.5 MAS and 7.5 Swiss were, and still are ,widely used by two modern armies. And you just can't publish 8 X 57 Mauser loads with out including the 198 gr or 200 gr bullets. That's just not right!
So does Lyman just not like C&R guys or what?
Nuf said. Have a Happy New Year Everyone! NH

Page generated in 0.02926 seconds with 8 queries