View Single Post
Old June 20, 2013, 09:25 AM   #21
Ibmikey

Star pistols! Just the thought causes my wallet to quivver as several years ago, before they became so plentiful and popular, I began collecting them. The pistols are well made, just melt into your shooting hand and accurate and reliable. My favorites are the DK's in 380..they were the inspiration for the Mustang and Sig 238 but are very difficult to find due to the 68 GCA banning importation. FI worked with Star and produced a steel frame for Star parts kits= FI Model D and later Iver Johnson Pony. The BM and with aluminum frame BKM are very naturally pointing and will shoot forever (like with most Stars) if you do not dry fire as that breaks firing pins. I have shot many hundreds of rounds through Star's without incident although I keep many parts on hand just in case. My problem was...they were available and priced reasonably...even the rare or special service guns, so I acquired over sixty of them. " Well really you can only shoot one at a time" but still they are fun to shoot and fondle while watching a bow and arrow guy kill a bear on the Sportsman's channel.

Page generated in 0.02982 seconds with 8 queries