View Single Post
Old August 19, 2009, 11:25 PM   #264
OuTcAsT

Quote:
However, the incidents of the past two weeks have clearly demonstrated on the international stage that the mere presence of a firearm, even in the hands of a civilian, EVEN if it's an AR15 with a full, 30 round magazine, does NOT automatically spell disaster and mayhem, and does NOT automatically warrant a violent crackdown from armed authorities.

That's huge, and can be a pivotal moment in the return of civilian bearing of arms to it's rightful place in our society. Let's not screw it up.

Excellent point, and I agree, the goal is becoming more reachable, it just needs to be done on a measured basis.

Quote:
The only people here being intimidated are gun owners who are so afraid that someone won't like them that they are willing to be cowed into giving up a right, so someone will like them.
That's the perception I have as well, however, those of us who are "awake" must take care, lest we alienate the "choir", to wit;

Quote:
Precisely. The point I was trying to make is that if perhaps over time enough people openly carry without acts of violence occurring, then the private citizen may eventually lose the distrust of the public at large. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that if the public becomes accustomed to law-abiding citizens with firearms, they'll likely lose a great deal of their fear. Familiarity breeds comfort.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Page generated in 0.02153 seconds with 8 queries