View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 12:02 PM   #21
mikld

"There's this McDonalds on the way home from my local shooting range, and well, I know it is not that healthy to eat food at McDonalds often, but you know, it tastes real good and what not. So, I do stop there a lot on my way home and sometimes I just get an ice cream cone, but sometimes a quarter-pounder. Anyway, the point I am making (there is actually a point to be made) is that since I stop to get food that I will eat with my hands, I am usually acutely aware of the state of my hands at the end of a range session. No doubt about it, the rounds I load with Win 231 are cleaner, and leave my hands cleaner than most commercial ammo I have used over the years.

February and March were the worst months. I just love those Shamrock Shakes and so I had to stop at McDonalds every single time I went to the range. Yum."

Yep. (and not trying to be a butt) but the Micky Dees I've seen have a restroom with a sink, running water, and soap. Most have paper towels too.
Both the indoor ranges and the outdoor shooting ranges I've been to have restrooms. When I'm done shooting at the close-to-home indoor range I have to blow my nose several times 'cause of the dust stirred up by my .44s. Not a complaint, but some things are part of shooting. If I want to stay "Operating Room" clean, I won't go shooting at all, or I'd wear a hazmat suit. My boots get pretty dirty/dusty or even muddy (depending on time of year), when I walk out to the 100 yard line/target stand. My glasses get pretty dusty from shooting my handguns. So, a little soot from so called "dirty" powder ain't no big thang...

Page generated in 0.02292 seconds with 8 queries