View Single Post
Old June 18, 2012, 10:29 AM   #1
NXMR

Savage Customer Service - From Bad Experience To Good

Edited: Further contact with Savage is restored my confidence in them and they have been extremely helpful.

Just a general note: had a bad experience with Savage Customer service.

Had to call customer service regarding FTF on a model 64.

1) The representative was unresponsive, blasé, and flippant - I had to prod the guy to get any responses out of him at all. Like talking to a cat. "Here's what's going on (proceeded to explain the problem), etc." ... silence... "Hello?" "Uhhh... yeah?" etc. I thought I was talking to some stoned college kid.

2) The representative seemed to have little knowledge of what I was talking about. Example: how magazines work, etc. He made no effort to assist in helping troubleshoot the problem or make recommendations about how they could help.

3) Their attitude was basically "Yeah well, (yawn) you can send the magazine in if you want (at my own expense of course). We'll send you another one back."

Well, I guess that's my penalty for not going with the good old Ruger 10/22. I own two other Savage rifles, but this will be my last purchase of any of their products, since they don't seem to have any enthusiasm for assisting their customers or backing up their brand.

Last edited by NXMR; June 19, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.03355 seconds with 8 queries