Thread: gun storage
View Single Post
Old April 16, 2006, 11:35 PM   #12
Ruger4570

I probably should apologize.. I was just in one of those moods and get so tired of the Rambo types that know nothing of which they speak. I totally agree if someone want more than your TV,, well there is a point that deadly force is the only option. I just tire of hearing all the ways someone is going to proceed without a clue as to some of the laws. Unfortunatly for me, I am in New York, from Arizona,,, soon to go back to Arizona, God willing. NY has some real strange laws as does most of the NE. The Police advised you correctly, even IF you have the right to shhot someone,, do you want to live with it?? As they said, call them,, let the BG know you are home and you are armed. That in itself should get rid of them, and they will most likely leave your TV too. The last thing these guys want is to confront anybody. They want to do their dirty work and get out, they aren't looking for any trouble, much less from an armed homeowner. They are cowards to start with, and cowards to end with.
If you have read some of the threads in here you would know why I get so sick of the Rambo mentality. I used to be in another life a LEO.
So many people just want to sound tough, be armed to the teeth and expound on what they are gonna do if broken into. Most of the crap would make a great TV show. In reality, most of these guys would be in jail longer than the BG was in the hospital. And if you killed him,, you better have a good Lawyer and hope you can PROVE your life was threatened and you had no choice. Most of the crap I have read wouldn't pass the test and their a$$e$ would be in jail. So many of these "clown" want extended magazines, sidesaddle mags, 30 rounds in their pocket and on and on. They talk like someone with a paper [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]. It probably in reality only takes you making a noise, or yelling to the BG to get him to run, they don't usually want a confritation and at the WORST, and if the worst possible thing happened, a single shot would end it.
As far as your question on a hide out gun,,, as long as your GF is familiar with guns, she KNOWS it is loaded and you don't have any young kids at home or visiting, under your bed is as good as most places. In a closet out of sight and out of reach of kids is probably better. You have to make the final call on this based on your own situation. Final thought, I agree with you, I would rather have a gun and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Page generated in 0.02184 seconds with 8 queries