View Single Post
Old June 25, 2004, 10:58 PM   #17
Case

The two best things Lee sells are the inexpensive little turret loader and the hand primer.

The Pro 1000 and Loadmaster are both overpriced junk. Anyone who'd put a primer feed like the one on those should be jailed for attempted assault with intent to maim or kill.

For that kind of money you can get a solid piece of equipment like a Dillon or better still a Hornady Lock-N-Load, which is built like a tank and allows you to change from such radically different cartriges as a .460 Weatherby to .38 Special in about five minutes.

But don't plan on using Lee dies with a Lock-N-Load -- the threads are too short.

And don't ever make the mistake of mentioning Mike Dillon to John Lee. He hates his guts because Dillon's machines gave him stiff competition.

I used two Dillon Square Deals for years and never had the first problem with them and only went to the Lock-N-Load for its versatility.

I've still got a Lee Pro 1000 gathering dust somewhere. I'll find it someday and pitch it in the trash, since I can't in good conscience sell it to anyone on eBay.

Page generated in 0.02262 seconds with 8 queries