View Single Post
Old October 21, 2012, 09:20 AM   #25
AH.74

Quote:
when you said you lived in the country I thought to myself, are you kidding me? I used to live in a really crappy part of town where drive-by shootings, hold-ups and assaults were common place in the park next to my apartment. I wasn't into guns then and didn't carry and I never once had a problem. it's your right to protect yourself but feeding your paranoia to your gf is going a bit far
Gaseous- are you saying rural areas are of lesser security concern for people who live there, like me?

Let me say this- I consider my area as a prime target for home invasions. I often tell people when the occasion comes up- think like a criminal. If I were a criminal, I'd consider targeting areas just like mine- the law is some time in getting there, the homes are spread out, and if something is going on in one of them, even shooting, it's not likely to be heard in even the closest other homes.

Word is that the bad element is moving outside of the populated areas to do their dirty work, not that this is anything worthy of a news-flash. Being prepared is not being paranoid.

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 8 queries