View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 01:57 AM   #12
Telgriff

Thanks for the feedback Jimro will try it out next range trip. I'm still unsure about the 55gr being an issue with the faster twist. With the exception of the 69gr being perfect for targets, i've seen similar accuracy with both 64gr pills and the standard 55gr stuff (the week before I managed two shots overlapping, and a 3 shot group at just over an inch, even the most recent one which I just realised I marked wrong, is actually 3 shots, two were in the same hole). I am fairly convinced its me, so will have a read through the link you sent me and try the two methods you have described.

Oh and skinewmexico, if Savages weren't $1800 here, I'd buy one. Even the Stevens is $750 for the base rifle. I've considered that I am hitting my accuracy ability (without a few thousand rounds more practice to improve at least), but considering I want to go hunting with this, i want at least a recurring 1MOA before I go into the field, I dont want some rabbit or fox bleeding to death because I cant shoot properly.

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries