Thread: Dog assault
View Single Post
Old March 29, 2008, 10:19 AM   #6
gadgetguy1288

i can say from experience, that its not usually the dog who is bad ive owned pits all my life, and IMO they are a one of the sweetest most living dogs on the planet, HOWEVER, that is VERY dependent on the owner and how they are raised, but that also goes for any dog, not just pits. I will say that pits do have a natural aggression towards other dogs, but with the proper training, and upbringing, they can be broken of it, and not all pits are born with it too.

A few years ago i was out walking a Jack Russell we had at the time, that after this incident i would have trusted my life with. our neighbor across the street had 2 pure bred golden retrievers that he bred for dog fighting, and one of em got out as i was coming outside and bolted straight for me. right when the 175+ pound dog leaped up to pounce on me, my little 20 something pound JR jumped up and had him by the neck, pinned on the ground.(it happened so quick there really wasn't anything i could do) both dogs were fine, but it just goes to show that its really not the dogs, its the owner in 99% of the cases, who turns the dog mean.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government, or in the case of a zombie outbreak."

Page generated in 0.03568 seconds with 8 queries