View Single Post
Old November 21, 2012, 01:23 PM   #55
Crow Hunter

Quote:
I'd say that if you're down to using a pistol, the situation is pretty desperate anyway...but if you can poke or shake an unextracted round out of one and reload it as fast as you can single-load one and fire...color me impressed.

It would seem that...if you've lost your only magazine...a working extractor would be a plus.

And a few single-loadings won't be at all likely to break an extractor anyway, so the argument is really pretty pointless unless you just like to argue...which I'm starting to suspect.
I think you missed what I was saying but still came to the same conclusion.

If I am in a situation in which I need to use my handgun to defend my life. I am unlikely to have the time to single load it. If I do have the time to single load it, I am probably not in such dire need of it, and that I could take a little more time to manually extract the case, if the extractor actually broke during the process.

So adding single loading as a design requirement of a handgun is silly. Now if it is a "gimme" feature that just happens to be an effect of some other design feature that is actually useful, no problem.

Good luck.

Page generated in 0.03097 seconds with 8 queries