View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 10:33 AM   #8
rickyrick

I have been fortunate so far this summer... I made it painfully obvious to the pigs that they will die, and I am not experiencing the onslaught that we had.

From Feb- april I went out and shot pigs nearly every night, and have been running traps non-stop. They have been avoiding the most valued areas of the farm now.

Don't get me wrong, there are still pigs in the area, and I realize that they will probably never be completly gone. I think eradication is impossible.

We have to use their adaptability against them. Because they adjust their habits according to our activities, we can exclude them from areas where they cause the most financial damage.

I also understand that this winter they will probably come back in higher numbers. I base this on the huge quantities of itty bitty piggies that I have seen.

While shooting and trapping pigs is fun as heck, I try not to do anything that encourages them to enter an area that they weren't gonna enter.
I don't bait outside of the traps, so if they find the trap they were already there.

Page generated in 0.03861 seconds with 8 queries