View Single Post
Old July 30, 2011, 06:26 PM   #9
AK103K

Quote:
Lastly, if that grip isn't working for you, try something else.
I think this is may be your answer. Some of us do better with alternate grips, no matter what the "experts" say. Its nothing thats written in stone. Use whatever lets you shoot how you want.

Ive been shooting the thumbs forward grip for a couple of years now, and it does seem to offer better control than the thumb over thumb grip I used to use. Its a little awkward at first to get used to, but it now that Im used to it, its natural to acquire. You do need to still give the old "push/pull" tension with it as you do with the other two hand holds. If your fingers arent indexed and youre not applying rearward pressure, your weak hand is going to move. You dont need a death grip, but it should be firm.

From your description, it sounds like you might be stopping mid stream to evaluate your sights, instead of following through and putting (pushing) the gun, and sights back to where you were looking. I have yet to find a "grip" that allows my gun to remain on target after the shot. Theres always some readjustment, even with a natural point of aim. Some are just better at reducing the amount of adjustment.

Page generated in 0.02701 seconds with 8 queries