View Single Post
Old June 16, 2011, 10:53 AM   #12
snuffy

There's no comparison between the Lyman turret and the lee classic turret. Like comparing apples to oranges!

The Lyman turret is just a fancy "C" frame single stage. The turret can and will rock back to hit the support on the back before the case has anything done to it. You CAN eliminate this rocking motion by tightening the center pivot nut, but then you can't turn the turret! Doing a case by 1-2-3 turns of the turret takes a long time, not much faster than a single stage.

The lee "turret" should have been called something else. It only remotely resembles a normal turret put out by Lyman, Redding, or RCBS. The auto index alone is one main difference. Those that choose to disable that feature miss the advantage in speed that the other turrets can't duplicate.

Ease of changing inexpensive turrets allow you to have all your dies set and stay set. Changing calibers is a less than one minute deal, switch the turret for another, install a different shell holder, and possibly large to small primer arm, you're done!

The classic is a re-design of the older "deluxe" turret. Much sturdier cast iron base, and the spent primers travel down the center of the hollow ram to be collected in a plastic tube.

Then getting the safety prime feeder, and the pro disc measure allows a high rate of loading up to 200/hour. The 4 hole turret plate allows the use of a separate crimp die for auto loading pistols. A much better system to seat and crimp in separate dies.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02885 seconds with 8 queries