View Single Post
Old July 28, 2010, 11:59 PM   #2
CajunPowder

It looks good and that picture you took of the Flash Gap is good enough to be in a magazine, excellent.

I see that little mark on the leading edge of the cylinder notch and the past 8 Remmies I've looked at through mail order or through a visit to Cabelas are all set up coming out of the factory so that they bolt falls DIRECTLY on the leading edge of the cylinder notch. I think it's great way to generate additional sales for replacement cylinders ... or somethin'.

Because it's tight, I would have it tweaked by a gunsmith to bring it into the best shape it can be. I would want to see the bolt falling onto the cylinder a little earlier. That's how the originals were designed to function.

The date code, "CF", sure looks nice, again, thanks for that picture because that is a 2010 model fo' sho'!.

How's the finish on the inside surfaces of the frame window, (cylinder window)? Is it rough at all, because from what I can see it looks as though it's been smoothed a bit.

I think I may do a double order on the target model from Cabelas because I'm fed up with the stainless models, I've had a lot of bad luck with ordering new ones.

What I really want is an Uberti blued standard model because they have forged frames, but Pietta is looking better these days for the most part.

From what I hear the Uberti models are on backorder for up to 6 more months even though Midway says different but I talked to their wholesaler, Taylors, and they said 6 months.

I may give it a try, if one of the two I mail order is questionable I'll just send her back with the $7 return UPS sticker they include with the shipment.

Congrats on getting happy, shoot some and write us a little range report as to how she handles, yeah?

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries