View Single Post
Old January 10, 2012, 07:45 PM   #28
johnwilliamson062

If they shoot as claimed I may buy a 22-250 in the future.
Venture at budsgunshop is $475. If the MSRP on the American is $400, I imagine they will settle close to three. That is a HUGE price difference.

1. The Ruger has an "accutrigger" -I assume this is positive

2. This rifle has the bedding blocks milled into the stock (this is the 2nd new rifle I have seen with this design. The problem this creates (in my mind) is a lack of aftermarket stocks should the shooter not like the factory stock. -Isn't it pretty common that you have to buy a stock made for the rifle? How many rifles are interchangeable. I guess a few may inlet stocks themselves, but not many. This will push a replacement stock price up, but I don;t see it directly affecting availability beyond squeezing out lower price points. Most people who want stocks at lower price points will probably be fine with the OEM stock.

3. This rifle has a tang safety which some like and some don't. On the plus side (for me) this safety allows the bolt to be lifted while in the "safe" position. -You are right some won't like it. Most hunters I know like the tang safety b/c they are most familiar with mossberg shotguns. Trap shooters, defensive shooters, high power shooters, not so much, but I don't think they are the target audience anyways.

4. The scope bases are NOT integral to this rifle. -Intersting observation and a good point. I would prefer integral, especially weaver, but not a huge deal. It looks to me like the TC are included, but not integral.

5. This rifle requires the action to be removed from the stock to adjust the trigger. -Is this really a significant negative? Do you foresee changing the settings in the field? I just don't see when this will be a problem. Most will set it once and leave it for as long as they own the rifle.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; January 10, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries