View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 08:54 AM   #16
vito

It truly is becoming a two-nation country: one part which honors the 2nd Amendment and one part which does not. I recently returned from a trip to New York where I was in NYC for most of 4 days. My Utah concealed carry license would cover me from as soon as I left Illinois and traveled through Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania, but would not for the time I was passing through New Jersey and the time that I was in New York. Rather than just risk being stopped, I chose to go the entire trip unarmed and it was not a problem for me. To some degree I felt like I was traveling to a foreign country, even though I was born and raised in New York City.

Soon I will have my concealed carry license here in Illinois (if all goes well it will be shortly after 1/1/14), which would, along with my Utah license, allow me to legally carry all the way from home to both Iowa and Texas where two of my grown children reside. Driving through Missouri, Oklahoma and on into Texas feels like I am still in America. But as I stated above, when I cross into NJ/NY it feels akin to entering another nation. If I did not have family still in NY I would never cross that state line for the rest of my life.

Page generated in 0.02137 seconds with 8 queries