View Single Post
Old August 12, 2008, 02:41 PM   #66
threegun

In my incident there is not doubt in my mind that things were in slow motion. As it was happening I was conscious of how slow I was moving. I was really surprised when my coworker told me that my draw was smooth and fast. As we discussed the incident I was amazed at all the things that went through my head in such a short period of time. I thought about it for awhile and am now convinced that "slow motion" is really the brain speeding up to the point that everything else seems slow. Its the only way to explain being able to process so much in so little time while feeling as if you are moving slowly.

Nate45,

Quote:
Not at making consistent hits and the difference is a fraction of a second. I know I have a timer.
If you could make consistent hits a fraction of an second faster why not? I'm gonna dust off the old timer and hit the range soon I'll try to get some video.

Quote:
Yes, but I don't know how much or how far they can move in a second or less.
It doesn't take much distance to make a good head shot a clean miss. Its one of the reasons many pro's urge us to shoot for the much larger vitals in the upper body. The same movement that caused a clean miss to the head would only cause a less than perfect hit in the vitals.

Quote:
I've stated several times that none of us know what we will or will not be capable of doing if attacked in such a manner as outlined in the OP.
Agreed especially if hit from the start.

Page generated in 0.03011 seconds with 8 queries