View Single Post
Old August 30, 2006, 09:47 AM   #5
pesta2

Faulty Ammo Disposal?

I had some really horrible Russian made 22 LR one time. I shoot it out or my 10/22. It was horrible, gummed the action up bad. The guy next to me asked what I was shooting because he could tell by the sound it was very inconsistent ammo. With my pistol it would even fail to extract after a few round and then would fail to fire with a gummed up firing pin. I told a guy a knew and he said he would take them and use them. Now I have a really bad batch of Russian Manuf. 7.62x54R Metal Casing (bought both 7.63 and .22 at guns shows). In both my Nagants 91 and 44, I have tried them. In both rifles on the first shot the cartridge got stuck in chamber and the bolt would not open. I had to take the rifle home and used a brass mallet to hit up (rather hard to) on the bolt to open the action. I have some brass casing that work wonderful in them, no problems at all. The Police do not take it here and there is no place at the gun club to get rid of it. How should I dispose of this ammo? I do not have an inertia puller so can not separate the cartridges in components. I do not feel comfortable pulling out the bullets with a pair of pliers like I have heard of people doing before.

Last edited by pesta2; August 30, 2006 at 03:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.02302 seconds with 8 queries