View Single Post
Old June 26, 2012, 09:11 AM   #15
WVsig

Quote:
I think the definition of what is collectible is up to the owner and can vary from person to person. While I would agree that a 5906 might never yield a large return one day, I do think they could be considered part of a collection. For instance, if someone was looking to own a handgun collection with a lot of iconic pieces, and I think the 5906 is iconic. There are countless standard 1911s and Browning Hi Powers and CZ 75Bs out there. But to me each is iconic and worthy of a place in a collection even if just simply as representative of the type.
I agree they are worth owning or "collecting" in that manner but I do not believe that is what the OP is suggesting. He is talking about the gun becoming a "collector" and it appreciating. I personally do not see that happening there are simply too many of them in the marketplace.

Quote:
A quick check on gunbroker does yield a lot of nice guns for ~ $300 - $400. I have seen LNIB models go for close to $500. But you're right that availability isn't a major issue at this point.
I hear what you are saying about LNIB but I have seen them locally in the $300 range. I need another full sized 9mm like I need a hole in my head LOL so I do not buy them.

Also unless you are looking to collect this gun not shoot it LNIB is very overrated. The reality is that the biggest market for these guns was the LEO market. Most of the VG to excellent examples I have seen were LNIB in terms of internals. They were carried but never shot.

Page generated in 0.03914 seconds with 8 queries