View Single Post
Old September 30, 2008, 02:12 PM   #1
1-UP

Country of Origin and Surplus Guns

I'm on a tight budget. A new baby girl, house improvements, and just life in general leaves me precious little money to spend on firearms. Unfortunately, my Ruger Mark III and Remington shotgun aren't enough to scratch the itch every weekend. In an attempt to increase my available firearms while maintaining a budget, I've recently applied for a C&R licence and plan to add some surplus guns to my sparse collection - at least a rifle (probably a mosin-nagant) and most likely a CZ82 (They seem like steals right now and the toks I've seen are really pushing "budget" prices).

What I need to know is, how important is the country of origin for these firearms? A weapon manufactured in E. Germany seems to command $100 or $200 more than its Polish counterpart. Do you get that much more gun by being selective about who makes it, or is it more of an aesthetic/collector issue? Collectibility isn't really a huge issue for me - I'm more interested in a quality firearm I can enjoy at the range and pass down to the kids.

Page generated in 0.02427 seconds with 8 queries