View Single Post
Old November 19, 2006, 06:49 PM   #5
Foxman

It sure is hunting, went out a few years back and walked all over the world, saw nothing. Came back to the truck and was just putting stuff in looked off to the the front passenger side and about 80yds off were a buck and a doe watching me real casual like.
Well I came over all thumbs, but eventually managed to get the rifle up over the hood and got clear shot at the buck, seemed like ten minutes before I managed to steady up enough to squeeze one off, and was lucky enough to hit it right in the lungs, ran about 40-50 yds and dropped dead.
Since then I keep looking all the way back to the truck and try to concentrate even when I'm getting tired. I also have practiced plenty on off hand shots, just in case.
It does good to take a break and sit and just relax every so often, nobody can concentrate 110% all the time and thats what it takes to hunt succesfull, just when you ease off you get busted by the deer an then you cuss yourself for the rest of the day!

Page generated in 0.03392 seconds with 8 queries